Lunch ideas for kids, which can be a challenge for parents who want them to eat healthy. If you’re looking for nutritious ideas that children will actually finish, try recipes that are sure to win approval from the short set.
From pizza pockets and veggie fried rice to macaroni muffins and avocado wraps, these go way beyond the typical ham and cheese sandwich. Not only will the tasty options please even the pickiest of young eaters, but many are also suitable for kids eating vegan, gluten-free, egg-free, or dairy-free.
Cheesy Meatball Bombs
- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands Italian style meatballs
- 3 sticks of mozzarella string cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl mix melted butter, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Separate biscuits. Flatten the biscuits.
- Cut meatballs in half and place one meatball half on each flattened biscuit.
- Place a piece of string cheese on top of meatball and then wrap dough around it to seal.
- Pour half of melted butter in 9 inch round cake pan and place each completed biscuit seam side down in pan.
- Repeat until finished. Spoon the remaining butter over biscuits.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with marinara or pizza sauce.
Easy Meatloaf Muffins
- 1 1⁄2lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely chopped onions
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- barbecue sauce, for glaze
Chicken Noodle Soup
Honey Fruit Salad
Vegetable Fried Rice With Spinach
Beefy Macaroni and Cheese
Cold Soba Noodle Salad
Sweet and Sour Hot Sausage